Sat, Jul 23|
Childbirth Intensive Two: Comfort Measures for Labor / Breastfeeding and Infant Care
The second of a series to prepare you for childbirth and parenthood! We will continue with learning comfort measures for labor, then dive deep into all you need to know for the "fourth trimester," from the basics of breastfeeding to caring for your infant.
Time & Location
Jul 23, 2022, 12:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Montgomery County, 400 Ashbourne Rd, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
About the event
Module One - Comfort Measures Continued (12:30 - 2 pm )
Learning strategies and techniques including:
- positioning and movement
- The "Three R's" - rhythm, relaxation, ritual
- counter-pressure and massage (Tips for your partner!)
- Other techniques including progressive muscle relaxation, visualization.
Module Two - Breastfeeding and Infant care (2:30 - 6:00pm)
- Understanding supply and demand
- Techniques, positions and latch
- Decision making about bottles, pacifiers and pumps
- Overcoming common problems including pain, clogged ducts, and low supply
- Swaddling, bathing, burping and more
- Understanding Infant Sleep
Cost for class: $75 per module
Discounts given for doula clients and in cases of financial need.