Sat, Jul 09|
Childbirth Intensive One: Prepare your heart, mind and body
The first of a two-part intensive (four module) series to fully prepare you for childbirth and parenthood. Classes are small and personalized, interactive and fun! Get ready to go much deeper than a traditional hospital class.
Time & Location
Jul 09, 12:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Montgomery County, 400 Ashbourne Rd, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
About the event
Want to feel fully prepared, excited rather than scared?
Maybe you're a first time mom, or maybe your birth last experience wasn't so pleasant. This class is for you! Be prepared to meet other mothers and have lots of fun while preparing you emotionally, mentally and physically for what's ahead.
Preparing the Heart, mind and body - Module One (12:30 pm - 3:00pm)
- Evaluating your perspectives, goals and fears
- Understanding the fear/pain connection
- The stages of labor - What's happening, how you might feel, what to expect and what you and your partner can do
The Medical Side of Childbirth - Module Two (3:30 pm - 6:00)
- Understand different models of care and practice
- Understanding routine procedures
- Handling Interventions and unexpected emergencies
- Informed decision making
- Medical pain management options
- How to write your birth preferences
- Begin comfort techniques
Partners are encouraged to attend.
Cost for each 3-hour module is $75
Discounts are given to doula clients and in cases of financial need.