THE COMPLETE CHILDBIRTH SERIES - Upcoming Classes
Part One: Understanding Labor:
Saturday, January 8th 9-12pm (location TBD)
- Evaluating perspectives. goals and fears
- the fear/pain connection
- The stages of labor - What's happening, how it might feel, what to expect and what you and your partner can do
Part Two : The Medical Side of Childbirth
Saturday, January 15th 9-12pm
- The medical model vs. midwifery model of care
- Understanding routine procedures
- Handling Interventions and unexpected emergencies
- Informed decision making
- Medical pain management options
Part Three: Comfort Measures
Saturday, January 22nd, 9-12pm
Learning strategies and techniques including:
- positioning and movement
- The "Three R's" - rhythm, relaxation, ritual
Part Four: Breastfeeding and Infant Care
January 29th, 9-12pm
- Understanding supply and demand
- Techniques, positions and latch
- Decision making about bottles, pacifiers and pumps
- Overcoming common problems including pain, clogged ducts, and low supply.
I have cut the class on prenatal health and nutrition and created a separate, free webinar for expectant, first-time moms. I have also expanded this course to more adequately allow time for participation. Spouses are encouraged to attend! Max capacity is 6 couples.
Classes cost $75 each / $300 for the series. Doula clients are discounted 25%.
sliding scale / flexible payments available for cases of financial hardship.